Strategic Tax Planning
Mitchells Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers
We recognise that there are occasions when our clients would welcome a degree of choice in relation to their tax affairs. Tax represents a significant cost to any business and there are indeed occasions where you as a client (with our assistance) have the ability to pro-activly manage this cost
The following examples would provide scope for exploring a range of advanced taxation structures, designed to minimise or defer tax liabilities that would otherwise crystallise:
- Buyout of a fellow shareholder
- Restructuring of a company or group of companies
- Extracting profit or reserves out of a company
- Transferring or selling commercial property between related parties
- Preparation of a business for a future sale or transfer to the next generation
- Reducing partnership taxation rates
- Making use of the effective 10% tax rate by utilising Entrepreneurs Relief
Strategic tax planning is all about talking to us well in advance of the event that would otherwise crystallise the tax liability.
Remember – we cannot close the stable door after the horse has bolted.